Until I figure out how to add a blog-like page that has recipes you can search I am going to post my recipes here in one long scroll.
1 tbsp olive oil
½ cup firmly packed zucchini
½ cup firmly packed carrot
½ cup firmly packed parsnip (I sometimes substitute this for sweet potato)
2 green shallots
3 eggs, lightly whisked
1/3 cup tasty cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1 tablespoon sifted flour
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a loaf tin with baking paper or grease well with butter.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan on medium heat then add zucchini, carrot, parsnip, shallots and cook for five minutes or until they are soft.
- Add eggs, cheese, parsley and flour and mix well to combine.
- Pour mixture into loaf tin and smooth down surface.
- Bake in oven for fifteen minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool before cutting into fingers.
These are great warm, or keep in the fridge for snaking!
1 can (5 oz) water packed tuna, drained (if you’re not worried about the healthy fat content, get the Italian olive oil packed tuna in jars– the flavor is terrific!)
1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
1/2 stalk celery, minced
1 finely chopped scallion – green part only (optional)
2 tbsp lemon juice, or more to taste
Extra virgin olive oil to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE:
- Pour the tuna in a small mixing bowl. Use a fork to break the tuna chunks into very small pieces.
- Add the basil, celery and lemon juice to the bowl. Use the fork to stir all the ingredients together till well mixed.
- Add extra virgin olive oil to moisten the tuna to your liking. I usually use between 1 and 2 tbsp. Season with salt and pepper to taste; sea salt and freshly ground pepper is best.
- Serve on whole grain bread or on a bed of lettuce
5 ounce container organic mixed baby greens
2-3 mandarin oranges, peeled and segmented (or one large can mandarin oranges)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup candied walnuts
1/2 cup oil (preferably flavorless like grape seed or safflower)
1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 to 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger (or 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger)
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
big pinch each: ground cloves and cinnamon
Arrange mixed greens in a large salad bowl. Top with remaining ingredients. Drizzle with some of the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Or serve vinaigrette on the side.
In a medium bowl, whisk together orange juice, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and spices. While whisking, add the oil in a slow stream. Whisk very well until the vinaigrette is combined. Alternatively, place everything except for the oil into a pint jar and shake well. Add the oil and shake again until combined. Makes about 1 cup of vinaigrette.
Yield: Makes 4 large salads